gaming and python

Shae Erisson shae at webwitches.com
Tue Apr 18 18:13:03 EDT 2000

sp00fD wrote:

> Well, I'd have a hard time believing that you could program something
> like quake, but you could probably do a decent job with tetris or the
<snippage>

Maybe you could write quake in python....
Crystalspace is an open source 3D engine that claims to be scriptable
with Python.

this ripped without permission from http://crystal.linuxgames.com :

Crystal Space is a free (LGPL) and portable 3D engine written in C++. It
supports: true six degree's of freedom, colored lighting, mipmapping,
portals, mirrors, alpha transparency, reflective surfaces, 3D sprites,
scripting (using Python or other languages), 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit
display support, Direct3D under Windows, Glide and OpenGL on Windows,
Linux, OS/2, Macintosh, BeOS, ... See the extensive list of features for
more details.

Crystal Space currently runs on Linux, general Unix, Windows, Windows
NT, OS/2, BeOS, NextStep, OpenStep, MacOS/X Server, DOS, and Macintosh.
It can optionally use OpenGL (Windows, Linux, Mac, OS/2, BeOS), Direct3D
(Windows), GGI (Linux), Allegro (DOS), X11 (Unix/Linux) and SVGALIB
(Linux). It can also optionally use assembler routines (GCC/DJGPP,
Visual C++ and Intel only currently) and MMX if the processor supports
it.
--
sHae mAtijs eRisson (sHae at wEbwitchEs.coM) gEnius fOr hIre
   bRing mE fOur sQuirrels aNd nO oNe wIll gEt hUrt