Why MFC instead of Tkinter -- was Re: Pythonwin?

Robert soundhack at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 20 11:23:52 EDT 2000

To each his own I guess. I work mostly on Windows platforms, and for me
MFC is a lot better than Tk for a couple of reasons.
1) I can port MFC/C++ programs a lot easier
2) I may be mistaken, but MFC based guis are faster than Tk
3) I really do not like using layout managers, and using Visual C++'s dialog
editor
is the best thing since sliced bread IMHO.

One suggestion for learning MFC fresh: don't read books that basically teach
you how to use Visual C++'s AppWizard. AppWizard is really nice and easy to
use but it basically automates so much of creating MFC programs that it was
hard (at least for me) to make the transition to a non-wizard MFC
environment in python.

Robert

Michael A. Crawford wrote in message ...
>I'm curious.  Why did you not steer him in the Tkinter direction for his
GUI