Integrating Pmw into Python dist

Jason R Mastaler jason-usenet at mastaler.com
Mon Apr 3 03:36:12 EDT 2000

Have the Python developers considered integrating Greg McFarlane's
wonderful Python megawidgets work into the core Python distribution?
I feel this would be an excellent addition.

Pmw offers a nice set of extra widgets and an easy way to add
functionality to Tkinter applications.  The only reservation I have
with using Pmw, is that it adds yet another package to the list of
extras that users must download and install before they can use my
software.  If Pmw was integrated, obviously applications which rely on
it would suddenly become much more portable.

What do others think of this suggestion?

---Jason