SIGCHLD, fork, listen

Bill Eldridge bill at hk.rfa.org
Fri Sep 24 20:43:54 EDT 1999

> I don't like SIGCHLD in C programs, and it's even less useful in
> Python.  In your shoes, I would probably just run waitpid() when
> the opportunity arises in the accept/fork loop, and live with the
> occasional zombie processes.

Well, I can deal with 4 zombies at a time as long
as I write my code to not hang for an hour waiting
for the process to finish.  I'll try the other
Python module + "shameless plug" mentioned as well.

Another option would be to use inetd, but I need to
do some host/address verification, and couldn't figure
out how to latch onto that kind of socket info from
a new spawned inetd handler using Python.  Ideas?

Thanks,
Bill
--
Bill Eldridge