Sparc Linux?

Damond Walker dwalker at iximd.com
Sat Sep 11 19:48:19 EDT 1999

Bernhard Reiter wrote in message ...

>Not having done it,
>I guess that once you get Linux installed properly and a
>resonable c-compiler (gcc) working, python should not give you any
headaches.

    Funny you say that.  I've had some trouble in the past with compiling
some things on Sparc boxes running RedHat.  SWI-Prolog is one example.  The
thing dumps core after displaying the intro text.  I had trouble with CLisp
in the past as well.  I have a Sparc2 which is apparently on RedHat's level
II support bracket (which says "some people have had trouble with this
machine in the past").

            Damo