Initial release of metalanguage for mxTextTools

Tony J. Ibbs (Tibs) tony at lsl.co.uk
Thu Sep 9 05:57:25 EDT 1999

"Glacially Slow Software Productions" (or at least that's how it feels) are
proud to announce the initial release of my meta language for use with
mxTextTools.

If your memory is long enough, you'll remember that I said I would work on a
little language for use as an alternative to typing tuples in by hand. Well,
the first release (version 0.2 (bootstrap) of 1999-09-09) is now available.
It doesn't pretend to be able to do everything necessary, but it does
implement enough of the meta language that my further developments can write
tag tables for mxTextTools *in* the meta language (no more Python falling
over because of me leaving out commas!).

The documentation (limited), caveats, examples and (yes) working code are
available at:

    http://www.tibsnjoan.demon.co.uk/mxtext/metalang.html

Note that if you are using mxTextTools version 1.1.0 (which is the earliest
version I support) then there are two bugs in the implementation of
MatchFail:

1. MatchFail is declared as -1 instead of -2000
2. A small patch is needed to mxte.c

Both of these will be fixed in the next release of mxTextTools, which I am
told should be quite soon - if you can't wait, feel free to email me for the
latter patch (rather than bothering Marc-Andre - I'd rather he worked on
more important things!)

Tibs
--
Tony J Ibbs (Tibs)      http://www.tibsnjoan.demon.co.uk/