Python COM interface to InternetExplorer and DOM

Jeffrey Kunce kuncej at mail.conservation.state.mo.us
Thu Sep 2 16:53:39 EDT 1999

I've been playing around with the COM interface to
Microsoft Internet Explorer using python. It's very powerful
and relatively easy to use.

I've always used urllib to do automated data-gathering from the
web. But I ran into roadblocks with secure servers and some
quirky javascript forms. With python+COM+MSIE, I seem to be
able to automate any task I can do manually with the browser.
The DOM capabilities built in to MSIE are a nice plus.

I don't claim to be an expert, by any means, but I've put together some
useful code and a simple demo. Should be enough to get
someone started.

msiecom.py at
http://starship.python.net/~jjkunce/

  --Jeff