Global confusion

Gaetan Corneau Gaetan_Corneau at baan.com
Wed Sep 29 07:49:27 EDT 1999

Guys,

David Ascher wrote:
> The problem is that because nbPar is *assigned to* in the function body
[...]

I'm sorry I asked the question. I was thinking about it yesterday night
while driving home, and found the answer.
I often use globals, but never change their values :)

Thank you for the explanations, now I understand the mechanism.

John Skaller wrote:
>	class X(): pass
>	x = X()
>	def f(y):
>		x.y =1 # assign to attribute of global instance

Interesting. I won't ask why this works, but it might come handy.

Thanks,
   Gaetan Corneau
   Software Developer (System Integration Team)
   BaaN  Supply Chain Solutions
   E-mail: Gaetan_Corneau at baan.com
   Compuserve: Gaetan_Corneau at compuserve.com
   ICQ Number: 7395494