Help, re SMTP posting / RFC822

Benjamin Schollnick junkster at nospam.rochester.rr.com
Fri Sep 17 21:48:02 EDT 1999

On Fri, 17 Sep 1999 07:43:06, Siggy Brentrup
<bsb at baal.infodrom.north.de> wrote:

> What's your test environment? I suspect you are feeding the output
> into a HTML browser, DON'T IF IT'S NOT ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, and if so
> enclose it in <pre> ... </pre>.
>
> > 	I seem to remember the Greater & Less signs having a special
> > 	representation code (i.e. \n) in python but can't back it up
> > 	with documentation.  (I looked but couldn't find it).
>
> Probably you mean `<' `>' in HTML

That makes perfect sense.  And it happens to be *EXACTLY* right,
I'm running the CGI in <PRE> </PRE> tags to test the output before I
start
"mailing" it, etc.

I was running into the exact same problem today at work, and
the HTML browser "fouling" the output'd variables fits the symptoms
perfectly.

It's so simple of a explaination, and perfect of a explaination, that
I can't
think of any reason to doubt it.

I'll redirect to a log file, and see how that goes....

	THANKS!

			- Benjamin