Python and Finance talks at next Python conference

Andy Robinson andy at robanal.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 17:38:55 EDT 1999

I'm hoping to get a few talks and sessions together relating to use of
Python in finance at the next Python conference.
It is apparent that a number of investment banks are using Python with
some success; this is a very high-profile use of Python and good
marketing for us.  There is also a great deal of potential for
crossover between the scientific and financial communities.

Hadar Pedhazur, a major Python user on Wall Street and now the venture
capitalist behind Digital Creations, is willing to give a talk and to
chair a panel.  His reputation alone is enough for us to be taken
seriously http://www.verticality.com/Bios/Hadar

For this to happen, we need a few people to submit papers by the
September 30th deadline, and to come up with some concrete proposals
for panels and other types of sessions.  Please reply to this post, or
drop me a line ASAP if you think you might have something to talk
about, whether as a formal paper or part of some other activities.

This is not limited to trading-floor activities - I am sure any kind
of business simulations, accounting or other back office use would be
very interesting to hear about.

Regards,

Andy Robinson
Robinson Analytics.

p.s.   This is a private initiative and not an official goal of the
organisers.