I'm passing fairly large arrays around (using Numeric Py) and I'm getting the error: MemoryError: can't allocate memory for array although I have plenty of memory left on my SGI (Indigo2 with 448 megs). WhMemoryError: can't allocate memory for array

Heather Drury heather at v1.wustl.edu
Thu Sep 30 11:45:48 EDT 1999

Hi,

I'm passing fairly large arrays around (using Numeric Py)
and I'm getting the error:

        MemoryError: can't allocate memory for array

although I have plenty of memory left on my SGI (Indigo2
with 448 megs). Why would I be seeing this message although
the machine hasn't even starting swapping?   Is there a default
stack size I can adjust somehow?

TIA,

Heather

Heather Drury                                   heather at v1.wustl.edu
Washington University School of Medicine        http://v1.wustl.edu
Department of Anatomy & Neurobiology            Phone: 314-362-4325
660 S. Euclid, MS 8108                          FAX: 314-747-4370
St. Louis, MO 63110-1093