python win98 schedule = trouble?

Gordon McMillan gmcm at hypernet.com
Wed Sep 15 14:10:13 EDT 1999

Ben Thomas wrote:

> I cannot schedule SUCCESSFULLY a python script to start via the
> Win98 task scheduler. Is it possible to do so? I see it attempt,
> start and fly by but my job does not get done. Very sad.....

As a guess, it probably has something to do with the current
directory or some such. First, add "-i" to the invokation so the
DOS box hangs around. You might also add "-v" to see where
Python is importing things from. Finally, you might run a script
that doesn't do anything except dump info from the sys and os
modules so you can see what kind of environment the
scheduler provides to your script.

- Gordon