grafik formats

Gerhard W. Gruber g.gruber at xsoft.co.at
Thu Sep 2 05:35:55 EDT 1999

David Oppenheimer wrote:

> http://www.pythonware.com/library/pil/handbook/pilconvert.htm
>
> The PIL is supposed to work for converting from one image format to
> another.  If you are using PIL with Win95/98/NT and Pythonwin and are able
> to get it to work, please let me know how you did it

I just figured it out.

I don't know if this is the "proper" solution so i post it to the NG as
well and maybe somebody can point out if there is a better way to do it.

You download the package and unpack it into your python installation
directory.
Now you should have a path like this: d:\Program Files\Python\PIL

In the PIL directory you must copy the following file and name it
__init__.py This seems to be a default name when you want to import a
file, you have to have it in your directory.

# Name:         __init__.py
# Purpose:      The presence of this file turns this directory into a
#               Python package.
#