File recursion, info extraction

Thomas Weholt thomas at bibsyst.no
Tue Sep 28 07:58:47 EDT 1999

Hi,

I need a way of handling ( get size, possibly type, modification time,
path, filename, possible extension ) all files in a directory and all
sub-folders.

Furtermore, I want to extract info on images, like size, resolution, and
id-tag-info from mp3 files. I`ve seen a module for that could at least
set id-tag info on mp3-files. Can it read them too? The
PIL-module/project, can that take care of the "getting the info from the
images"-thing?

Do Python support any of these things out of the box, or do I need
modules to get the job done?

Thanks!

Thomas Weholt