CGIHTTPServer howto?

Dave dave at see.sig.for.address
Tue Sep 7 14:45:43 EDT 1999

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999 20:11:21 +1000, "Chui Tey" <tey.chui.cg at bhp.com.au>
wrote:

>Thanks. I had a look through the code, how did you manage to overcome the
>bit which required Unix pwd() function. Did you rehack CGIHTTPServer or
>created a new class which descended from it which does not require the Unix
>system functions?
>
>Regarsds
>
>Chui

I also played around with CGIHTTPServer some time ago, trying to get
it to work under Windows. Unfortunately it is highly UNIX dependent
since it uses fork() to spawn off the CGI request, so I gave up and
created my own server derived from SimpleHTTPServer that executed
python scripts and commands. IMHO CGIHTTPServer shouldn't be in the
python library as it stands (or at least the fact that it is UNIX
specific should be documented). It would be better off included with
the demos.

If you want a full blown HTTP server written in python then take a
look at medusa (I dont have the URL to hand, but it is listed in the
third-party modules on the python site).

	Dave Kirby

All great ideas start as heresy and end as dogma.

dkirby@   <-figure this out, spambots!
bigfoot.   My opinions are my own,
com        but I'm willing to share.