language interpreters/ interpreted languages weaknesses?

David Oppenheimer davidopp at megsinet.net
Thu Sep 2 12:01:25 EDT 1999

I'd like to take a swipe at Java for just a second.  I don't care if Java is
compiled or interpreted, I don't like it.  I am sure that many of you can
relate to having run into a page where a Java applet is loading and been quite
irritated that while this Java code is loading (being interpreted or the JVM
is firing up or whatever) that your browser (and your cursor too) will lock-up
until the applet is ready to run.  This singular bug (or feature) so
infuriates me that I know I will never spend one single second trying to learn
how to program in Java (or even JPython).

David O.

"Any Sufficiently Advanced Technology Is Indistinguishable From Magic"

-Arthur C. Clarke