Force anything to be a string.

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Sun Sep 19 17:41:19 EDT 1999

In article <000201bf02da$affbbce0$102d153f at tim>,
Tim Peters <tim_one at email.msn.com> wrote:

>It's irritatingly difficult, but only because Python has no warning msgs
>today.  So it means inventing a whole bunch of machinery and conventions
>where none currently exist.  I think it should be done anyway, but since I'm
>not volunteering my own time to do it can't whine if nobody else does.

Just to be obnoxious, I'll suggest that the simplest way to implement
warnings is "rewindable exceptions", such that if no exception block is
found to handle the warning exception, the code pointer returns to the
byte code immediately following the one that generated the warning (or
to the byte code that generated the warning; not sure which is better).

At least, this is the simplest way to handle it without breaking
existing code, I think.
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>      http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6  (if you want to know, do some research)