Turing Compliant?

C.Laurence Gonsalves clgonsal at keeshah.penguinpowered.com
Sat Sep 4 17:41:39 EDT 1999

On Wed, 01 Sep 1999 22:55:57 GMT, William Tanksley
<wtanksle at dolphin.openprojects.net> wrote:
> On 1 Sep 1999 21:14:35 GMT, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> >And I don't know *where* they got the idea Python isn't Turing
> >Complete; Python is *definitely* Turing Complete!
> >Even-MSDOS-batchfiles-are-turing-complete-ly yours,
>
> You know, I'm not sure they are.

I'm pretty sure they are. Even "vi scripts" are turing complete. You
just might have to resort to writing self-modifying code in some cases.

--
  C. Laurence Gonsalves            "Any sufficiently advanced
  clgonsal at kami.com                 technology is indistinguishable