Zope Versus Oracle's WebDB - how do they compare?

Ian Clarke I.Clarke at strs.co.uk
Thu Sep 23 06:39:48 EDT 1999

Hi, sorry if this isn't an appropriate forum for Zope related stuff, but
the Zope mailing lists seem to be down.

Does anyone have experience using both Zope and Oracle's WebDB, and if
so - how did they compare (ignoring the obvious price difference).
Particularly, I am interested in performance (connecting to an Oracle
Database - I assume Zope would do this via ODBC).  I am also interested
in how well (if at all) they integrate with Java applets.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Ian.

--
"Don't throw your PC out the window, throw Windows out of
 your PC, and install Linux"