Bring Out Yer Dead

Robert Kern kernr at mail.ncifcrf.gov
Thu Sep 2 17:47:43 EDT 1999

On Thu, 02 Sep 1999 03:24:59 -0400, David Oppenheimer
<davidopp at megsinet.net> wrote:

>I am going to give up on trying to get the PIL to work with Pythonwin
>1.5.2 unless someone who has it working with their setup can give me
>explicit instructions on how to do this.  I am unable to implement
>Robert Kern's instructions due to the fact that I cannot get my Win Zip
>program to unzip the tar.gz file format.

This is probably a browser problem.  Clear your cache first.  Be sure
that the .gz and .tar extensions are associated with Winzip in your
browser.  Their MIME types should be "application/x-gzip" and
"application/x-tar", respectively.  At least, that's how I have them.

Then try downloading again (use a shift-click from
http://starship.python.net:9673/crew/da/Code/PIL rather than a
straight left-click).

>So ... time for me to put PIL for Pythonwin 1.5.2 on the pile of
>software corpses and set it ablaze.  Can you feel the heat?!  Anyone
>have any marshmallows?

You'll be fine.  BTW, _Pythonwin_ is the name of Mark Hammond's IDE
for Python on Windows, not the general name for Python on Windows.

>David O.

Robert Kern           |
----------------------|"In the fields of Hell where the grass grows high
This space            | Are the graves of dreams allowed to die."
intentionally         |           - Richard Harter
left blank.           |