CGI speedup strategies

Jeff Bauer jbauer at rubic.com
Wed Sep 1 14:29:36 EDT 1999

Tim O'Malley wrote:
> I've always meant to implement an PCGI Apache module.  It might be
> considered lighter weight.

Andrew Kuchling has already written a mod_pcgi.

> (You can find a description of PCGI somewhere on digicool's web site.)

Also some notes on the starship:

  http://starship.python.net/crew/jbauer/persistcgi/

Back to Ian's original question.  It's certainly
possible to use various Zope components independent
of Zope itself.  Skip and I do this -- presumably
others as well.  Zope was designed to be modular.

That being said, however, the Zope package itself
(publisher, document templates, persistence, products,
object database, and various 3rd party additions)
is rapidly becoming more than just the sum of its
parts.

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon Research