Python guide Brain posted

Ben Darnell bgdarnel at my-deja.com
Mon Sep 27 23:48:37 EDT 1999

In article <7sp529$ipg$1 at ssauraab-i-1.production.compuserve.com>,
T. C. Mits wrote:
>Unfortunately, a 'guide' Brain in contrast to a web hosted 'Web Site' Brain,
>requires Windows and a two meg download for a trial version of the client
> which doesn't overwrite DLLs!).   They state that other platforms, like
>Unix and palm computers, are under development.

Since it came up here, I think I'll take the opportunity to point out my
own project, ThoughtStream, which has a similar purpose to the Brain,
and will probably have useful Unix and Palm versions far before
Natrificial will.  The desktop version is written in Python, using
wxWindows for the GUI, so it will work on Windows and Unix.

I also have utilities to convert from the Brain's file format to
ThoughtStream's XML format, but it's not ready for general use yet.  TC,
if you'd like, I can convert this mind.  Just zip up the .brn file and
_brn directory and send it to the email address in my .sig (remove the
space)

-Ben

--
Ben Darnell              bgdarnel at unity.nc su.edu