How do you exit python during execution of script?

H. P. Friedrichs " HPeter.Friedrichs" at alliedsignal.com
Mon Sep 13 16:55:10 EDT 1999

Hi:
I'm tinkering with some python scripts to serve some CGI functions in
support of an html form.

Is there a way to terminate and exit the python script without running
the script to it's end? Suppose, for example, the user fails to fill out
the form completely. I would like to generate some error html and dump
out of the script--- for my particular purposes,  there's no point in
continuing through the rest of the code.

Is 'exit' an option? If so, how do you use it?

Thanks!
Pete Friedrichs

| The opinions expressed here are my own,     |
| and not necessarily those of my employer.   |