Programmers Editor

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at alpha1.csd.uwm.edu
Wed Sep 8 14:47:58 EDT 1999

On Wed, 8 Sep 1999 17:40:02 +1000, Mark Hammond <MHammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:
>Bernhard Reiter wrote in message ...
>>This is a commercial annoucement.
>>is it welcome here at comp.lang.python?

>I'd say so.  It did directly relate to Python as it appears to have direct
>support for Python.  IMO the last thing we want to do is to discourage
>commercial developers for moving into the Python space.
Agreed.

> It did not appear
> to qualify as spam, so I have no problem with it.
I would have welcomed it more, if
	- it would have said COMMERCIAL somewhere in the beginning
	or even the title.
	- it would have been a little shorter and mostly point to
	the webpage and what it is that makes interesting for the python
	community.

Of course my comparison to "vim" was more a fun exercise.

Thanks for your opinion, Mark.
	Bernhard

--
Research Assistant, Geog Dept UM-Milwaukee, USA.    (www.uwm.edu/~bernhard)
Association for a Free Informational Infrastructure              (ffii.org)