XML beautifier?

Magnus L. Hetland mlh at idt.ntnu.no
Fri Sep 3 08:59:19 EDT 1999

Andreas Jung <ajung at sz-sb.de> writes:

> On Thu, Sep 02, 1999 at 05:29:40PM +0200, Alexander Staubo wrote:
> > I'm having a gas with the XML package and its DOM classes, but its toxml
> > () mechanism outputs mainly flat XML -- no visual structure in the form
> > of line shifts or indentation. Is there a Python module that such
> > beautification reasonably hassle-free?
>
> Here is just a very stupid program which does the job.

If you refer to its innate intelligence, I'm sure I agree that it must
be stupid - but I don't think that it is stupidly programmed... It's
simple and to the point; I like that :)

--

  Magnus              Making no sound / Yet smouldering with passion
  Lie          The firefly is still sadder / Than the moaning insect