Calling functions in main script from a module

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Tue Sep 21 14:33:02 EDT 1999

In article <bfb41e4549%james at bursa.freeuk.com>,
James Bursa  <james at bursa.freeuk.com> wrote:

>Is it possible to call a function in the main script (the one passed on the
>Python command line) from a module function?
>
>I've attempted to use something like __main__.function(), but this doesn't
>work. The reason I want to avoid passing a function pointer to the module
>function is because I'd like to generate the function name dynamically
>(depending on a gui event) and use eval(), like this
>
>    try:
>        eval('event_message_' + hex(message_number))
>    except NameError:
>        pass

I think you'd be best off passing in a dict of function references.
Better yet, create a class, pass in the class, and you can use that
class directly.
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>      http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6  (if you want to know, do some research)