Marking translatable strings

Christian Egli christian.egli at alcatel.ch
Wed Sep 22 12:26:23 EDT 1999

>>>>> "fp" == François Pinard <pinard at iro.umontreal.ca> writes:

fp> P.P.S. - It seems that `etags' does not work nicely with Python
fp> sources.  Would it be possible that nobody took care of this yet?
fp> This is not a big impediment for PO mode marking, as I routinely
fp> use a small script from René Seindal to create a dumb `TAGS' file
fp> out of a mere list of files, but yet, it would be convenient in
fp> Emacs to be able to quickly find a `def' or a `class' through the
fp> nice `M-.' command.  If this is not supported, we should do
fp> something about it.

You know that etags can be invoked with the option --regex where you
can specify any regexp.

I haven't tested it but give this one a try:
etags --lang=none --regex='/[ \t]*class[ \t]+\([^(:]+\)/\1/'

--
Christian Egli
Phone: +41 1 454-6728, Fax: +41 1 454-6612, http://www.stest.com