Moving from Perl to Python

greg andruk meowing at banet.net
Fri Sep 24 11:03:58 EDT 1999

In nnmh:python, Thomas Weholt <thomas at bibsyst.no> wrote:

> Another thing that could help was if there was a document describing how
> to migrate from Perl to Python, with examples.

I just mailed you a copy of TomC's thingy.  It's not quite up to date
but should help you get a good feel for where to look for things.

> PS ! I`m using hashes and modules in Perl, like MLDBM and MP3Info, are
> there any similar modules for Python? I know Python can read hash-tables
> created with the DB_File-module, but can it read/write files created
> with the MLDBM-module?

Now you're getting into the languages' internal storage formats, so
you're likely to need to convert the data before switching languages.

However, you can do the same sort of hashes-of-structures thing that
MLDBM does using Python's standard shelve module.