Programmers Editor

Stephan Houben stephan at pcrm.win.tue.nl
Fri Sep 10 03:55:16 EDT 1999

On 08 Sep 1999 15:00:24 -0400, Andrew M. Kuchling <akuchlin at mems-exchange.org>
 wrote:
>Anyway, if someone wanted to
>contribute info on editing Python with Zeus, KDevelop, or whatever, it
>would be very helpful.  Just follow up to this posting with notes on
>configuring your editor of choice.

JED is a very nice editor. It comes with Python support right out
of the box. I actually didn't need anything to configure to work
comfortably with it. (OK I chose another colour scheme in the menu.)

But make sure you get the latest version (0.98).
0.97 comes with some older Linux distributions (in my case, RH 6.0),
but is much less nice.

It is also much more light-weight then Emacs. But then again, there's
no kitchen-sink built-in.

Greetings,

Stephan