Using Python in ASP scripts

Nikolai Kirsebom nikolai at micon.no
Sun Sep 5 17:50:32 EDT 1999

I had a look at it (Aaron's description), but it appears to be information
intended for CGI-scripts.  I'm running (trying to) ASP scripts with Python
as the scripting language.  As I state in my first message - the pages runs
ok on one of my machines (actually only a backup server).  I have checked
(manually) the registries (for Python issues) and they are identical.  I'm
running Python 1.5.2b2 and PythonWin build 125.

Even the simplest python-code does not work.  As I wrote in my previous
message, I suspect there must be something wrong with a 'reference' to the
scripting language.  When I select the ASP page in the browser - it waits
endlessly (even if I in the server has configured a 90 second for ASP script
timeout).  I cannot see anything peculiar in the task-manager (processes
heavily using the cpu).

Does anyone know how I could 'trace' what happends when IIS receives the URL
referencing a ASP file.

The last resort will probably be to re-install everything on the machine and
upgrade to SP5.

Hope someone can help.

Nikolai