Python interface to Groupwise mailoxes?

Jeffrey Kunce kuncej at mail.conservation.state.mo.us
Wed Sep 8 12:02:50 EDT 1999

>Is there an existing python interface to Novell'sGroupwise mailboxes?
>Failing an existing python module, are there ANY open-source programs that
>interface with Groupwise that I can use as a starting point...

Yep. Groupwise is wide open to python on windows using COM.
In fact, my "project of the week" has been to read the groupwise
calendars of a group of employees, and to generate html pages
that display everyone's appointments on a particular day.

You need to get the "Groupwise 5.x Object API" from Novell.
(Go to developer.novell.com, sign up for a free online membership to
the Novell Developer Network, find the file and download it.)

To make it work, you need these things installed:
  -Python
  -Python Win32 Extensions
  -GroupWise client

I've attached some simple/rough demo code to get you started.

  --Jeff