Please Help Convert This Code

Phil Hunt philh at vision25.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 28 17:22:07 EDT 1999

In article <37E96EE5.95270EA9 at megsinet.net>
           davidopp at megsinet.net "David Oppenheimer" writes:
> Dear Group,
>
> I would really appreciate it if someone could help convert this Tkinter
> code into equivalent wxPython code.  Need this to be done to create a
> drag and drop GUI maker that will have Tkinter AND wxPython as output
> choices.  Thanks in advance.
>
> David O.
>
> [Tkinter code deleted]

Unfortunately, I don't know wxPython, so I can't help you with your
query.

But I couldn't help feeling that what you're doing is very similar
to what I'm doing with Parrot.

(Parrot is a text-based GUI builder; it converts a text file into
GUI code -- currently it produces Python/Tkinter code, but it is
designed to be able to output to other formats too (different
python GUI libraries, and different languages. For details,
see http://www.vision25.demon.co.uk/prog.parrot.html ).

If you are going to be writing a wxPython code generator, and so
am I, perhaps we could work together on this one?

Phil Hunt - - - - - - - - -  philh at vision25.demon.co.uk
   - Linux was 8 years old on 17th September! See: -
http://www.vision25.demon.co.uk/prog/linuxbirthday.html