CGI speedup strategies

Laurence Tratt tratt at dcs.kcl.ac.uk
Wed Sep 1 05:16:19 EDT 1999

In message <37CCE7C9.D340BBF5 at strs.co.uk>
          Ian Clarke <I.Clarke at strs.co.uk> wrote:

> Has anyone tried actually implementing a Python webserver which just
> starts a new thread and runs a piece of Python code in it every time
> someone makes a HTTP request?

When I had a need for such a thing, I messed around with the *HTTPServer
stuff in the standard distribution to get what I wanted; because of, er,
moving targets it ended up pretty messy but it's one way of doing things
quickly if you have esoteric needs. Making it run threaded was trivial,
although you still have to be aware of the standard threading problems
<wink>.

Laurie
--
http://eh.org/~laurie/comp/python/