[PyWin] Does Win32RAS Work ?

The Jetman jetman3 at netzero.net
Fri Sep 24 07:15:39 EDT 1999

G. Lewis wrote in message <7scon8$p5a$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>...

>>     Have spent a couple of hours trying to narrow down a
>> prob w/ Win32RAS and I'm at the point where I suspect it simply
>> doesn't work.  Have trimmed down the rastest script to simply
>
>Works for me, though i don't use it for much. I just use it in a script to
>check if i have a connection like this...
>
>    import win32ras
>    cons = win32ras.EnumConnections()
>    if not cons:
>    print 'No Connection...'
>
>Hehe, that's all i use it for! But it works for that at least....
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

    It's been hit and miss for me and I wanted to use it for something
paying <arrgh !>  I'm posting this msg via a RAS connection that I
established w/ win32ras, but PyWin itself expired just as the connection
was made, apparently due to a fault in the VC R/T lib.  As originally
coded, the rastest script fails catastrophically on my Win95 system.  But
I'm
going to keep trying for a while longer....Jet

  In Paris, they simply stared when I spoke to them in French;
  I never did succeed in making those idiots understand their
  own language.         - Mark Twain, The Innocent Abroad,1869