And now for something completely boneheaded...

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Fri Sep 10 12:13:58 EDT 1999

Warren 'The Howdy Man' Ockrassa writes:
 > Sigh, no, it's not; all that information is included, in HTML form, in
 > the "Doc" directory in the Win32 install.

  The split Robert is referring to doesn't exist for Windows users
working from the binary installer.  The source package (used by many
Unix users) does not include any documentation, but used to include
the LaTeX source and pre-generated PostScript for all the standard
manuals.
  I still think the split is the right thing.  Most people don't
*want* the LaTeX source or even the PostScript.  Using a separate
distribution for the documentation allows users to select the formats
they're interested in without having to download a lot of other
material.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake at acm.org>