Newbie:Wants to access MySQL with Python

H. P. Friedrichs " HPeter.Friedrichs" at alliedsignal.com
Thu Sep 16 14:02:16 EDT 1999

Hi:
I have a Redhat linux box running mysql. I'd like to access a database
using python (for cgi purposes). Supposedly, MySQLdb should help me do
this.

I downloaded MySQLdb, and attempted to build it per the instructions.
The script build.py errors out when it can't find:
/usr/lib/python1.4/config/Makefile.pre.in

What is Makefile.pre.in? "Makefile" exists in the above directory, but
Makefile.pre.in does not. What do I do next?

Is there a different python module available to access MySQL?

Thanks in advance
Pete

| The opinions expressed here are my own,     |
| and not necessarily those of my employer.   |