Problem compiling Python on Linux

Jeff jam at quark.emich.edu
Thu Sep 16 16:11:15 EDT 1999

On Thu, Sep 16, 1999 at 10:04:33PM +0300, Seby Carta wrote:
> Hi , i have a problem with my Slackware linux and python 1.5.2, exactily
> with thread and python.
> When i run the command:

> Python tell me that he doesn't find thread module, i searched in my hdd..and
> module thread.py isn.t!!  why??,
> not the same problem with python for window...  he find above module and the
> thread.py is present on my hdd.
>
> Please...help me .. if you can....
>
> Thank you anywere.
>
> Seby

it sounds like you need to tell python to compile with the threading module
support enabled-- for whatever reason the configure script isn't able to
find it. are you sure your system has the right thread support built in?
what version of libc do you have installed? I don't have any slackware boxen
left (they have been changed to redhat based machines), so I can test these
things myself. does the README file included with the source explain what
you need to do? it may be as simple as modifying the Setup file to tell it
what you want. if you try all this and still have trouble, post to the list
again.

regards,