Help with RegExps

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Wed Sep 22 13:02:23 EDT 1999

In article <37E8B7B3.F4A9143 at isogmbh.de>, Chris... <sca at isogmbh.de> wrote:

>  I am looking for an regular expression that changes text, only if it
>is not anywhere between '<' and '>'.
>For example, add syntax highlighting to HTML-file:
>    'some text <a href=#someRef>ref</a> # this is a comment'
>should be changed to
>comment</font>'

Try using htmllib instead; already packages all the regexes for you.
(Make sure to use 1.5.2; there are a couple of bugs in 1.5.1)
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>      http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6  (if you want to know, do some research)