newbie - CGI.pm equivalent HTML Forms generator?

Jeff jam at quark.emich.edu
Thu Sep 16 15:52:52 EDT 1999

On Thu, Sep 16, 1999 at 02:46:52PM -0300, Kevin Howe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a Perl programmer who is learning Python, and was wonder if their is a
> Python package/object/module which allows easy creation of HTML Form
> Elements.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

there are *many* ways to implement python-based dynamic webpages. rather
than listing 'everything', check out <http://www.python.org/> for pointers
to modules that do this. I like medusa a lot, which you can find at
<http://www.nightmare.com/medusa/>, and there are lots of people that like
Zope, which you can find at <http://www.zope.org/>. there are also nice
clean simple modules in the standard library (like 'cgi.py') that will let
you use 'print' statements to accomplish the HTML and still parse query
strings and POST data. if you want to try medusa, I posted some code
recently to the medusa mailing list that might help you get started. I can
send you the code via email if you'd like.

regards,