Python speed and `pcre'

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Mon Sep 6 10:27:10 EDT 1999

In article <000301bef83b$9d7fa620$da2d153f at tim>,
Tim Peters <tim_one at email.msn.com> wrote:

>The design issues are more complicated than that, alas.  Here's one you
>weren't thinking of <wink>:  for easy chatting with C, under the covers a
>Python string is always terminated with a null byte.  You can't see that
>from Python code (it's not counted in the string length, and you can't index
>to it), but your C code can rely on it.

Hmmm....  From what I've seen, Python strings work perfectly well with
null bytes in the middle.  Are there any circumstances under which that
does not hold true?
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>      http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6  (if you want to know, do some research)