error in compiling with gcc 2.95.1

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Mon Sep 27 17:36:03 EDT 1999

Szilveszter Juhos wrote:

> PYTHONPATH= ./python ./Lib/test/regrtest.py
> Fatal Python error: unlock_import: not holding the import lock
> Abort - core dumped
>
> Have anybody seen something similar like this? Irix 6.2 Python 1.5.2, gcc
> 2.95.1 . With gcc 2.8.1/ SGI cc 7.1 compiles fine, but there are other
> bugs (as mentioned in the source distr. README).

gcc 2.95.1 seems to have a few optimization bugs. I've had
reports about my mxDateTime package dumping core when compiled
with -On (n>2). Also, shared libs compiled with gcc 2.95.1
are rather unstable when used with code compiled using earlier
gcc versions.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
Y2000:                                                    98 days left