help about JPython

Joao Neto vascog at uol.com.br
Thu Sep 2 20:29:20 EDT 1999

Hi!

I download JPython but I'm unable to run the Python
Interpreter even on the simplest examples.

I'm using Win98 and IE4.0, I already insert the JP directory
into the PATH and CLASSPATH sets.

Let me give you and example:

=============== The program (that compiles ok)

import org.python.util.PythonInterpreter;
import org.python.core.*;
import java.applet.*;

class hello extends Applet {

public void init() {

PythonInterpreter interp = new PythonInterpreter();

PyObject x = interp.eval("2+2");
System.out.println("x: "+x);

}

}

================== when I run it, the java Console gives me this

java.lang.NullPointerException
 at org/python/core/PySystemState.<init>
 at org/python/util/PythonInterpreter.<init>
 at org/python/util/PythonInterpreter.<init>
 at hello.init
 at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.securedCall0
 at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.securedCall
 at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.processSentEvent
 at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.processSentEvent
 at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.run
 at java/lang/Thread.run
Microsoft (R) VM for Java (tm), 4.0 Release 4.79.0.2424

can anyone help me?

thanks in advance!!!

joao neto