Programmers Editor

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at alpha1.csd.uwm.edu
Wed Sep 8 14:52:00 EDT 1999

On Wed, 8 Sep 1999 09:52:14 GMT, Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:
>Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at alpha1.csd.uwm.edu> wrote:

>    The gist of it is that Python is absolutely free, even
>    for commercial use (including resale).
>and the newsgroup has always reflected that, as
>long as the emphasis has been on Python.
That's fine. IMO the emphasis was the last post was not entirely on python.
(see my other post.)

>but to help them, it's probably better to put up
>a site somewhere comparing different tools (or
>just pointing to them)
That would be nice.
As an FAQ: Which (free software?) editors or development tools are
known to be used by a lot of python developers.
Or are suitable/integrated with python on Unix/Mac/Win.

It is just good to know which editors can do python syntax highlighting.
It might be too much work, too. Next time I shall save my bytes for
more hacking. ;-)

	Bernhard
--
Research Assistant, Geog Dept UM-Milwaukee, USA.    (www.uwm.edu/~bernhard)
Association for a Free Informational Infrastructure              (ffii.org)