cgi post question

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Fri Sep 17 09:37:40 EDT 1999

Felicia Neff <fn at panix.com> wrote:
> I am trying to write a CGI script that takes input from a POST, modifies
> some of the input and then POSTs that info to another CGI script.  I know
> that perl has a function that will do this.  Is there such a function in
> python (and if it is do_POST() from the CGIHTTPServer module, is there any
> more documentation besides that at
> http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-CGIHTTPServer.html?)?

CGIHTTPServer is a web server implementation.  you're
probably more helped by the urllib client library:
http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-urllib.html

import urllib
result = urllib.urlopen(myurl, mydata)

(currently limited to application/x-www-form-urlencoded
posts, by some strange reason).

hope this helps!

</F>