Parrot-0.0.1

Lyle Johnson jlj at cfdrc.com
Thu Sep 2 10:08:41 EDT 1999

On Wed, 01 Sep 99 21:43:18 GMT, philh at vision25.demon.co.uk (Phil Hunt)
wrote:

>In article <7qh7jk$gaa$1 at wagner.wagner.home>
>           vitus at wagner.rinet.ru "Victor Wagner" writes:
>> Phil Hunt <philh at vision25.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> : The Parrot tool has other potential advantages, e.g:
>> : 1. you only have to learn one syntax, that can then be used for
>> : lots of languages and GUI libraries.
>>
>> Which is completely useless,
>
>Fine, I'm not forcing you to use it.
>

>--
>Phil Hunt....philh at vision25.demon.co.uk

You know, it just warms my heart to see people criticize newly
announced projects just because that project is not useful for the
criticizer. Maybe that's the norm on some other newsgroups but we're
generally a little more cordial on comp.lang.python.

Phil, good luck with "Parrot". It sounds like it will fill a
previously unaddressed (or at least under-addressed) need to migrate
between different user interface toolkits easily, a pretty cool idea.