Inspecting long running programs

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Wed Sep 8 21:39:50 EDT 1999

In article <19990909111034.12856 at nms.otc.telstra.com.au>,
Greg McFarlane  <gregm at iname.com> wrote:

>If the program is not running Tkinter, but using select.select say,
>you could create a "debug socket" which would listen for connections
>and eval() any input received on that socket.  This would be a little
>more work that the Tkinter method, but would give the same
>functionality.

asyncore (which Medusa is built on) includes this functionality.  It can
be kind of trippy to just telnet to a blind socket and get a Python
interpreter session.
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>      http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6  (if you want to know, do some research)