VisPy, funding?

John Michelsen john.michelsen at gte.net
Tue Sep 21 13:02:35 EDT 1999

Hi all,

I've been tossing around the idea of doing a clone of the Visual Basic
gui builder for Python and Tk (call it Visual Python or VisPy or something).
Since I don't have much code yet, this post is to enquire if there is any
interest in the Python community to fund a prototype of such a beast.
I think I could put together one in a week or so with the following:

1) A toolbox full of widgets (Tk, later Pmw),  clicking on which puts them
on a form where
    they can be moved and resized.

2) A properties bar where widget's options can be seen and modified
    by a combox or entry.

3) A bindings combobox where a widget can be picked and an event and
    some code is generated for the event.

I've never seen a request for funding here for an open source project
so I don't really know if this is appropriate, but I thought I'd give it a
try
anyways. :^)   Maybe 1K for the prototype?  Or just as good, airfair, hotel
and
registration for the 8th International Python Conference. :^)
If interested you can check up on my resume at
http://home1.gte.net/cpq2d451/resume.txt
to see lots of other Tkinter stuff I've done.

Thanks,

John