Python Test Executive

Marc POINOT poinot at onera.fr
Wed Sep 1 03:19:31 EDT 1999

winkjj at my-deja.com wrote:

> Has anyone done some work in this area?  I have lots of ideas on how a
> Python based test executive could be implemented, but unfortunately, I
> am stuggling with the build yourself vs. buy off the shelf trade offs
> and really don't have the time to invest in building the tooling from
> the ground up.

We have that kind a test tool here. It is composed in two parts,
a server system that contains tests suites and results, connected
to a SCM, RDBMS and Bug report tool. And a client part,
which can be shipped to our customer for in site test.
These tools are dedicated to our needs (large jobs, NQS,
automatic LaTeX report, bindings with CVS...)
This tool is not yet public, but I'll be glad to give you
any information, pieces of code or tips you'd like to have.

By the way, we also have a presentation of a test tool at the
JPF001. It was and ADA testbench, maybe there are some
extension to C/C++ now? The contact is prz at spacebel.be

Marcvs [alias And all this is 100% Python]