Tkinter. Container Frame

Sergio Palomo spalomo at abo.fi
Fri Oct 29 10:04:32 EDT 1999

First hello everybody, I'm a newbie into Python and into this newsgroup.

I am working on the graphical user interface of an application.
I have a frame that I would like to act as a container of several
Toplevel windows.
With the below code I get to embed a Toplevel window into the frame, but
it does not include the tipical border and the minimize, and maximize
window buttons.

self.workarea=Frame(self, bd=2,  container=1)
self.workarea.pack(fill=BOTH,expand=YES)

newwin=Toplevel(use=self.workarea.winfo_id())

#contents of new window.....

My question if is there any way to make the Toplevels "float" inside the
frame. Thank you!

Sergio

--
Sergio Palomo