DOS Python [off-topic]

Hans Nowak ivnowa at hvision.nl
Fri Oct 8 07:44:44 EDT 1999

On 8 Oct 99, at 11:59, Adrian Eyre wrote:

> >> I suppose so; I never liked pkzip much, I preferred other (often more
> >> obscure) archivers like rar, ace, and jar. :)
>
> > Well, jar, IFAIK, is a renamed pkzip ;)
>
> IIRC, there are two archive formats called jar. One is the one commonly
> associated with Java. The other is a really obscure aged archiver which
> hardly anyone has heard of. That's why I was a bit concerned when Sun
> chose the .jar extension for their purposes.

I wouldn't call it aged... check out this link...

http://www.arjsoft.com/jar.htm

I am not in any way associated with ARJ Software, I just happen to
like this archiver. <g> On my humble PC at work, it was the only one
which managed to pack 800 Mb of data... where WinZip, ARJ and other
archivers failed to do so.

--Hans Nowak (ivnowa at hvision.nl)
Homepage: http://fly.to/zephyrfalcon
Snippets: http://tor.dhs.org/~zephyrfalcon/snippets/